AMERICAN LANTERN PRESS/ Independent Living values your privacy, and as a result we do only the minimum collection of information on our visitors in order to provide you with the best possible service we can. The information below describes the limited extent to which we collect and utilize your personal information online.
What We Collect from the User
- During general visits to the site, AMERICAN LANTERN PRESS/ Independent Living collects generic information about our visitors like pages browsed, web browser, and general computer information using Google Analytics. This general information helps AMERICAN LANTERN PRESS/ Independent Living improve its website and services. See Cookie & IP Address Policy below for more.
- During checkout/purchasing of products, AMERICAN LANTERN PRESS/ Independent Living collects the relevant information from the customer necessary to fulfill any orders placed. Depending on what the customer has purchased, will allow certain access to our additional services, both online and offline.
- During sign-ups and site inquiries for free email newsletters, reports, or other information and products, we collect names, email addresses, and occasionally other information as needed to provide a requested service. This is always done with the user’s permission in each instance of our digital campaigns.
How Do We Use It
- General information collected during a visit to our website (without purchase) is used to modify our site to give the visitor the best possible experience on the site.
- Personal data collected in the course of an actual purchase is used by the company to fulfill the person’s order.
- Email addresses and other personal information collected are used for delivery of specific sign-up promotion and/or site inquiry. In addition, any email address collected during sign-up promotions also receive promotions and helpful insight in becoming more savvy and self-reliant, directly from Independent Living.
Affiliates and Sponsored Advertisements
- At no time does AMERICAN LANTERN PRESS/ Independent Living sell your email address, or any other sensitive information. In the event you receive an advertisement email from AMERICAN LANTERN PRESS/ Independent Living regarding an affiliate or sponsorship offer, it will always be sent from AMERICAN LANTERN PRESS/ Independent Living and that advertiser NEVER sees or is given access to any of your personal information, including your email address. Note that these sponsored emails are marked with a “Sponsored Message” in all instances.
If you would like to change the information on your user account, or wish to unsubscribe of any free content or marketing you have received, please contact us toll free at 1-877-371-1807.
Cookies and IP Addresses
We also collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include a user’s IP (internet protocol) address, ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL), the browser the user utilized to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the length of time the user spent our site and which pages were visited throughout our site. This is done through a service called Google Analytics. Independent Living News may use data contained in log files to analyze trends, administer the site, track workflow, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Essentially, if there’s a power outage, or winter storm forecasted for your area, we’d love to be able to warn our users to prepare ahead of time (via message on the website) with some of our survival essentials, just so they don’t get stuck unprepared.