The Systematic Attack on Free Enterprise
Across America And The Rise Of The Bully Bureaucrat
Let me share with you just a few examples of what’s happening all over our nation:
- In 2011, city officials in Coralville, Iowa shut down multiple lemonade stands. The stands were set up during a local event. City rules state that during events, vendors must have a special permit to operate. Law enforcement officials saw fit to apply the rule to elementary children having a little fun in the same way they applied it to adults earning an actual livelihood.
- One of the stands was run by a four-year-old. It was set up eight blocks away from any of the event activities. Police shut it down anyway.
- In 2012, cops shut down a lemonade stand along the Boston Marathon route. The stand had set up at the annual event for years. (The run went right by their house). But the cops finally said, “Enough is enough. Get a permit, or shut down.”
- In another incident, three college students set out to demonstrate the ridiculousness of it all. They set up a lemonade stand in the U.S. Capitol Grounds in Washington D.C. Dozens of cops showed up at the scene. They harassed the stand’s customers and ultimately arrested the students.
- As recently as this summer, in the San Francisco area, cops shut down an 11-year-old’s lemonade stand. When she asked if she could just give away her product instead of selling it, the police told her that she would get a $1500 fine! Their reasoning was that she might pull customers away from tax-paying businesses like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.
Regulations on kids’ lemonade stands are just the tip of the iceberg.
Get You Kids Out From Under the Government’s Thumb
So why do it? What is the end game? Why would the government want all these regulations if they hurt the economy and the people?
This is the thinking of people who want power. It’s do-gooders and busybodies who want to protect you from every possible risk—especially yourself.
And this is the very thinking that has our economy floundering.
Don’t Let Them Get Away With It
The time to start your own small business in some lightly regulated industry is now. Before too long, the government will make this all but impossible. Then, you’ll be left to choose between working for an established corporation or being dependent on the government.
Don’t let that happen, my friend.
There are many ways to better secure your long-term freedom. We live in dangerous times and avoiding the nation’s unfolding troubles is step one.